I am on my lunch and I am writing this post because today is the one year mark of Steve's accident. For those of you who didn't know Steve was involved in a tragic accident a year ago today that changed our lives. It was with a guy on a motorcycle and he passed away the next day. I never blogged about it because it was a really hard time! However, I truly feel that we are stronger because of it. Sometimes Heavenly Father gives you challenges that you don't think you will ever be able to handle and then he gives you the strength to get though them. I am amazed at his love and devotion to each of his children.
I remember standing on the curb after the Accident with Steve in the Police car just pleading with Heavenly Father for the other guys life and I had an overwhelming feeling that the Lord was in charge and I had to trust! At that moment I had to release my will to his will. I am amazed at Steve's strength and ability to keep moving forward. I will forever be thankful for the amazing man that I am married too. He is so tender and caring for me and other people. He would never hurt anything and I know he would have given his own life that day to save the other guy. We are so thankful for the family being understanding. We actually have become friends with them. We think of them often!
I know that the Savior lives, I know that he loves each and every one of his children and that he is constantly mindful and I know that day as I stood on the curb and felt so worried that he truly is in Charge, this is HIS plan and each of us are tested in ways we can't imagine and yet he gives us the strength to make it through.
I am so thankful today for all of the blessings our Heavenly Father blesses us with and I am so thankful for good friends and family who helped us through such a tough time.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aw, such a good post! I pretty much remember my mom calling to tell me about it my heart just breaking. You guys have such amazing attitudes and awesome faith; so admirable!
And you're right...One day we should meet...But for now, blogging will have to do. :) We will be up over Christmas Break at some point in time, but I don't know when yet.
I cannot believe it has been a year since that happened! Wow! Diane, you're amazing, did you know? You've always really impressed me with your faith and I love having you as a friend. I totally agree with everything you said in this post. Thanks for sharing such a tender experience!
Diane, you are one of my best examples. You help me to be better. The Lord really is mindful of us through hard times. I'm so glad you and Steve have each other.
And I LOVE your dog. He's so cute.
Hey Diane, it is sure hard to believe it has already been a year since that fateful day. I, too, know the Lord had his hands in the events that day and in the days following. Steve is an amazingly strong person to have gone through what he did, but I know he also needed your strength and strong faith to help him through it. You both are an amazing couple! I am so glad our paths crossed and we were able to be in the same ward at least for a little while.
Sure love you.
Diane-
You amaze me! I look up to you SO much! I'm so glad that you married Steve and I married Aaron so we were able to bump into each other. I always find amazing examples but somehow they are able to slip out of my life. But- with Steve and Aaron being such friends you are STUCK! HAHAHA. You can't escape! I love you to pieces!
-Mary
Post a Comment