Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peaches! Peaches!


Our beautiful Tree!


Basket of peaches!

Putting them in the water bath!

Fresh Jars!
So... when we bought our new house I inherited a peach tree. It produces TONS of beautiful peaches. Last fall I learned how to bottle peaches and pears. I love fruit trees! You don't have to weed them or water them or do anything really. It just brings me beautiful peaches that I can bottle and enjoy all winter. I always have to bottle after school and I am in a big hurry but I love it at the same time. There is something that feels good about putting food in my storage. I bottled 20 quarts total! Here are a few pictures...

5 comments:

farmerswife17 said...

Awesome! Good for you Diane! those peaches look great. Hope you are doing well! It is great to see your darling face! ~Love ya

Mary Ludwig said...

How fun is that?! You're amazing!

Emily said...

Di! You have to call me next time you're feeling domestic. I would love to learn how. Oh, if you want to make raspberry jam, we could totally do a jam party! It's probably past the season though darn it! Fun pictures!! See you soon

Shay said...

Only YOU Diane! :) We have a peach tree in our back yard and I HATE IT!! Lol When we were growing up my mom was into the canning phase, and I would dread it every year! But the end result was HEAVEN!! Miss seeing you guys!

Lindsey Hicks said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog. I'm so glad I found it. I am sure it was pretty obvious to find but I'm just so terrible with technology I couldn't figure it out. When you commented on mine a long time ago I clicked on your name to try to find your email or site and it came up with nothing. Anyway -- please don't think I've been uninterested or a bad friend. I'm going to read all of your old posts now!