Sunday, May 31, 2009

Anyone up for a Party...That is a Moving Party?


We are SOOOOOO excited and scared all at the same time. We are buying a new house! We have looked and looked and looked over the past year and we finally found one that we both love. It is a rambler and it is fully finished. It is a 1996. We negotiated in to get all of the brand new stainless steel appliances and the front loader washer and dryer which I am way excited for. I swear the people probably think we are stocking their house because we usually drive by once a day.

We had a home inspector go out last Friday and he said it looks like its in really good condition. Just a few things we need to do but nothing major. We were also able to lock in a 4.5% interest rate which we feel is a major tithing blessing. We locked in last Tuesday and the next day they jumped up almost a full percent to 5.38. It is amazing how the timing of all of this has come together. So if all goes well we will be in a new house by July 1st. And.... any of those who are local and who would spare an hour or so we would greatly appreciate your help! We are trying to be super organized and have lots of people help so that it goes really quickly. Because.... Many hands make light work! And we will feed you really well too!

9 comments:

Anna said...

yay!!!!! and 4.5 percent, that's amazing!

congrats to you both. we'd be happy to come lug boxes around, let us know when.

Aaron Ludwig said...

Huzzah! Congrats.
We'll come help too. Just give us a call.

Jeff and aimie said...

congrats!!! Yeah for you!!

Anna said...

well we did find one that we love...a condo rather than a townhouse. but we won't make an offer until the fall....so we can qualify for the tax credit then and have our down payment in shape. where is this house? West Jordan?

Yvonne said...

congrats again! looks nice! what moving do you have to do...if it is fully furnished? hehe we want to come and help so be sure to let us know when! loves!

Emily T. said...

Diane!!! I'm so glad to see you're blogging! And so happy to see you found a house. It's amazing how things work out. It looks very cute and I can't wait til I can come down and see the place. Let us know when the moving party is, we're not too far away. Love ya

Nikki said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I wont lie when steve called and said you had news, I thought it was of a differnt kind :) -- but this is great! I'm glad you wont be all the way in Lehi -- count us in to help!

farmerswife17 said...

We are so excited for you both! Let us know when the big move is.

If it is on a water weekend or a cutting and hauling weekend, maybe we can come and help for 'Family Home Evening', or even a date night!?

Keep us in the loop, my moving-out-of-the-ward-friend! :(

Allie said...

Hey! Let us know when you are moving and if we are around we would love to help!